Everyone can do something…
There are many ways you can make an impact and support land preservation in North Alabama. We’ve compiled a giving guide to help you select the option that best fits your giving style. Let us know if you have questions. We’ll be happy to help!
Please consider an end-of-year donation to the Land Trust of North Alabama and ensure you get one more tax deduction before 2017 comes to a close.
– Make an Immediate Impact –
If you are not already a Land Trust Member, you may apply your year-end gift toward a membership! Members enjoy:
- Discounted Tickets to Land Trust Events
- Invitations to Member-Only Events
- Access to the Land Trust Map App
- Discounts at Local Retailers, including Alabama Outdoors, First Place Athletics, Connie Ulrich, Leaf in Creek, Madison Cycles, Mountain High, and Brown Bear Canoe & Kayak Rentals.
Want to do a little more or just spread the love? Sustaining Members give on a monthly basis. You choose the amount that works for your budget and we can count on a steady contribution throughout the year to support our work. Sustaining Members enjoy all membership benefits listed above. Become a Sustaining Member Today!
Are you looking for the perfect gift? You may want to consider giving someone you know a one-year membership to the Land Trust of North Alabama. Always the right size and color, giving a Land Trust membership shares your love of nature with family and friends. Remembering your loved ones with a membership or donation is a gift with a caring legacy.
Your memorial or honorarium gift is a great way to acknowledge the impact someone has made on your life or celebrate a milestone while at the same time furthering land preservation here in North Alabama. As with all gifts to the Land Trust, your gift is tax deductible and the individual or the family members of the individual you choose to honor will receive a card notifying them of your donation. Make a Memorial or Honorarium Donation.
We also offers naming opportunities which allow you to publicly and permanently honor someone. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256-534-5263.
Give on a monthly basis toward your particular area of interest. Land Barons make saving land a priority by donating at least $25 per month toward acquiring land. Land Stewards donate to boost ongoing maintenance and care of our preserved properties. For more information, please call 256-534-5263 or email email@example.com. Become a Land Baron or Land Steward Today!
– Help Us Plan for the Future –
Leave a legacy of land preservation. As you look to the future, consider making a planned gift to the Land Trust of North Alabama. While ensuring the legacy of preserved land in North Alabama, almost all planned gifts have tax benefits to you and little or no impact on your current standard of living. Here are some options to consider…
- Transfer your mandatory IRA Distribution directly to the Land Trust of North Alabama. Are you 70.5 years or older? If so, you may be facing a mandatory minimum IRA distribution that could count toward your taxable gross income. If you transfer your distribution directly to the Land Trust as a donation, you will avoid having those funds included in your taxable income. It is a simple way for you to satisfy the requirements of your mandatory IRA distribution, while at the same time making a significant impact on land preservation.
- Identify the Land Trust as a beneficiary in your will. You can name the Land Trust as a beneficiary in your will to receive a portion of your assets upon your death.
- Add the Land Trust as a primary or contingent beneficiary to your life insurance policy. Do you have a life insurance policy that was purchased for a need that no longer exists? If you name the Land Trust of North Alabma as a beneficiary, we would be the recipient of death benefit proceeds from your policy. You can make a sizeable gift to the Land Trust while at the same time reducing the size of the taxable estate for your heirs.
- Name the Land Trust of North Alabama as a primary or contingent beneficiary of your trust. If you have a trust, you can name the Land Trust as a beneficiary. This allows you to dictate the terms of charitable disbursements after your death and will help your heirs avoid the probate process.
For more information about Legacy Giving, please call 256-534-5263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preserve YOUR Land
Do you have a family farm or land that is significant to you and your family or that has high conservation value? Would you like to preserve its legacy and ensure that it is available for future generations to enjoy? There are a number of planned giving options to help you achieve these goals:
- Outright Land Donation: Simple and straightforward – you give full title and ownership of your land to the Land Trust. In return, you receive federal and state tax benefits and relief from property taxes.
- Last Will and Testament: You may name the Land Trust of North Alabama in your will as the recipient of your land or a portion of your land upon your death.
- Life Estate: You may deed your land to the Land Trust now and reserve the right to live on and use the property during your lifetime. You are entitled to all income tax deductions in the year the gift is made.
- Conservation Easement: You may place restrictions on your property or a portion of your property to protect its associated resources. In return, you can reduce property taxes and claim a charitable deduction.
For more information about Land Donation, please call 256-534-5263 or email email@example.com.