Summer 2020 Concert at Three Caves Series presented by MidCity District
Sponsored by RCP Companies, The Camp, and CityCentre
Proceeds benefit Land Trust of North Alabama
All 2020 Concerts at Three Caves have been cancelled. Our overriding concerns for the health of our attendees, volunteers, staff, and community-at-large have compelled us to make this difficult decision. We realize this will be disappointing for those who planned to attend, but your health and safety will remain at the forefront as we work to bring you the unique events that you love. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 256-534-5263.
Concerts at Three Caves serve as important annual fundraisers for the Land Trust, providing funds to fuel our mission. As we look at lost funding as a result of these event cancellations, we hope you will consider either becoming a member or giving an additional donation this year. We appreciate your support and all that you do to make our work possible.
[Cancelled] Saturday, July 11 featuring The Orbits
[Cancelled] Saturday, August 8 featuring Tab Benoit
[Cancelled] Saturday, October 17 featuring Larkin Poe
Tips & Reminders
- Ticket are non-refundable. If the concert must be cancelled due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond Land Trust control, ticket purchases will be considered a tax-deductible donation to the Land Trust of North Alabama.
- Please review our Safety Guidelines below. Please bring a mask to wear when the 6 foot separation can not be maintained.
- Tickets are $35-$45 for Land Trust members and $45-$55 for non-members. Land Trust members should use their promo code (sent by email) to receive the discounted member price. Not a member? Join today to receive the promo code!
- Shuttle starts at 5:30 PM. Opening act begins at 7 PM. Headliner starts around 8:30 PM.
- Attendees will check-in before boarding the shuttle or at Three Caves for walk-ups.
- Closed toe shoes recommended due to gravel. Please note, the temperature at Three Caves is usually a few degrees cooler due to cool air coming from the cave openings.
- No pets. No children under 12.
- There is no parking available at Three Caves.
- Parking is at Huntsville Hospital lots at Adams Street & Lowell Drive. Free shuttle service will begin at 5:30 PM.
- If you use a ride-share service (Uber/Lyft) or taxi, please have them pull into the Mountain Springs Pool parking lot. That is the designated drop off and pick up location.
Food & Drink
- No outside food or drink please.
- Food will be available for purchase at the event from Manic Organic and I Love Bacon food trucks.
- A variety of beer and wine options will be available to purchase at the bar. Drink tickets are available to purchase at the event. Each ticket equals one drink (beer or wine). No charge for bottled water.
- If you are feeling ill, have a temperature or think you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please remain at home.
- Please assess your risk factors. If you feel you are in a high-risk group, then you are currently being advised to stay-at-home by the CDC in order to mitigate your risk.
- Please wear a mask when you are checking in, riding the shuttle, purchasing food and drinks, using the restrooms, or walking close to others when the 6 foot separation can not be maintained. Land Trust staff and volunteers will be wearing masks.
- When waiting on food or beverage, please maintain 6 foot distance between yourself and others.
- Please only send one or two members of your party to order food or drinks.
- There will be sanitizing stations located around Three Caves.
- Ticket sales are limited and MUST be purchased in advance. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
- A shuttle will be provided from the parking lot at Huntsville Hospital to Three Caves. However, we also encourage the use of ride-share services (Uber/Lyft) or taxis. The designated drop off and pick up location is the Mountain Springs Pool parking lot.
- Gates will open at 5:30 PM and NOT before.
Land Trust’s Three Caves | 901 Kennamer Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
Three Caves is located within the Land Trust’s Monte Sano Nature Preserve and has become one of the most unique event venues in North Alabama. For the past 12 years, the Concerts at Three Caves series has played host to such award winning entertainers as Delta Rae, Moon Taxi, Tom Braxton and Grammy Award winners, The SteelDrivers, Claire Lynch and the Legendary Muscle Shoals Review. The “not so secret” 700 seat outdoor venue is a former limestone quarry conveniently located just two miles from downtown Huntsville and gets its name from the three cave openings that accentuate and surround the venue. Three Caves has a storied entertainment history including where the band Kansas filmed their music ballad “Reason to Believe” and scenes from the 1979 post-apocalyptic move “Ravagers” were shot.
Events are held in the “bowl” outside the mine’s three large openings, which offers a comfortable ~55°F temperature year-round. The stage, surrounded on three sides by limestone rock walls, provides an unforgettable backdrop and a one-of-a-kind experience for concert-goers. As the sunset sets and the lights begin to accentuate the interior of the three caves and the exterior of the bowl, one gets the true sense that they are in store for a truly magical musical experience. Proceeds from the events held at Three Caves help the Land Trust in furthering their goals of land preservation and conservation in north Alabama.
In an interview with national music critic and Huntsville resident Matt Wake, Texas-based, saxophonist Tom Braxton described Concerts at Three Caves as “a unique venue”. “The acoustics are great, the audience is up-close-and-personal; I love playing settings like that”. “When I went out front while we were sounding checking, I was like, ‘Wow, this is like some symphony shell in Australia or something.” Tom’s sentiments are echoed by most every entertainer that has played the venue.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship opportunities or artist inquiries.
2019 Concert at Three Caves Series presented by