- This event has passed.
Concert at Three Caves: Atlanta Rhythm Section
June 16, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Atlanta Rhythm Section
For more than 30 years, members of The Atlanta Rhythm Section have entertained audiences all over the world with their hits. The members of Atlanta Rhythm Section originally came together as a session band at Studio One, an Atlanta area studio recording artists like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Al Kooper, Dickey Betts and .38 Special. The band put out 15 albums and were paired with contemporaries Lynyrd Skynyrd as the successors to the Allman Brothers – carrying the mantle of “Southern Rock” in the late 70s. But performing songs that were more musically diverse and having hits that had a softer, pop flavor, they had a sound all their own. Influenced by music coming out of England and sharing the musical styling’s of groups likes The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, the members of ARS were accomplished musicians who constantly tried to evolve – think Steely Dan or Little Feat. With multiple gold and platinum albums to their credit, the band had top hits, “So Into You,” “Imaginary Lover,” “Doraville,” “I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight,” “Champagne Jam,” Angel,” “Do It Or Die” and “Spooky.
Opening Artists: Joshua C.S. and Lamar Williams Jr.
Joshua C.S. is a soul and blues artist from Nashville, Tennessee. He has shared the stage with many greats – such as Prince, Lianne La Havas, and The Turtles. His music and performances have been featured on TV and in Films and have been nominated for various awards, including an Emmy in 2012. Last year he released a new full length album, called “ROOTS”. He’s currently working on new music and raising a newborn baby boy.
Lamar Williams Jr. is a soul and blues artist from Atlanta, Georgia that has been working and touring with the Gregg Allman band, Les Brers, The Allman Brothers, and many more. He has a long history in music, sharing the stage with many great acts, he has recently released his first single, “Days of Summer” and is currently recording and touring his own material. You can tag them on social medias @listentojoshua and @lamarpopmusic.
- There is no parking available at Three Caves.
- Parking is at Huntsville Hospital lots at Adams & Lowell Streets. Free shuttle service will begin at 5:30 PM.
- If you use a ride-share service (Uber/Lyft) or taxi, please have them pull into the Mountain Springs Pool parking lot. That is the designated drop off and pick up location.
Food & Drink
- No outside food or drink please.
- An on-site caterer will provide a menu of dinner options available for purchase.
- A variety of beer and wine options will be available to purchase at the bar.
Tips & Reminders
- Gates open at 5:30 PM. Concert begins at 7 PM.
- Closed toe shoes recommended due to gravel.
- No pets or small children.
- No bag chairs or tables. Reserved Seating is provided with your ticket.
- If the concert must be cancelled due to inclement weather, ticket purchases will be considered a tax deductible donation to the Land Trust of North Alabama.
- Please check back here and our on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for any announcements in the event of a weather cancellation.
Three Caves is located within the Land Trust’s Monte Sano Nature Preserve and has become one of the most unique event venues in North Alabama. For the past 12 years, the Concerts at Three Caves series has played host to such award winning entertainers as Delta Rae, Moon Taxi, Tom Braxton and Grammy Award winners, The SteelDrivers, Claire Lynch and the Legendary Muscle Shoals Review. The “not so secret” 700 seat outdoor venue is a former limestone quarry conveniently located just two miles from downtown Huntsville and gets its name from the three cave openings that accentuate and surround the venue.