- This event has passed.
Concert at Three Caves: Edwin McCain
August 18 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Called the “great American romantic” by the New York Times, Edwin McCain has built an enviable career over the past 20 years by balancing his massive pop success with the year-round touring schedule of a tireless troubadour. His hit songs, authentic spirit and surprisingly affable sense of humor keep fans coming back time and time again for nights that feel more like parties with old friends than rock concerts. After recording two of the biggest love songs in the history of pop music and experiencing the success that comes with a television show on Animal Planet (Flipping Ships), McCain now performs upwards of 100 shows annually throughout the US as a solo artist, with his full band or his acoustic trio. “The 15-year-old me would have crawled through a river of fire to be the 48-year-old singer/songwriter that I am today, and I remember that. I am incredibly grateful to be able to do this” McCain said. 2018 marks the 20th year of the success of “I’ll Be,” which topped the Billboard charts in 1998 and has proven to be a timeless classic over the past two decades.
Opening Artist: Amy McCarley
Rising roots star Amy McCarley is not exactly —and yet, every last thing— you might expect of a talented singer songwriter. No Depression called her voice “a nuanced instrument best paired with a strong lyrical hook.” She is resigned and resilient, vulnerable and strong. There is nothing fake about McCarley, whose eponymous debut led her home state of Alabama to name her an Artist to Watch in 2011. Returning to the Caves on the heels of a soon-to-be release new album.
- There is no parking available at Three Caves.
- Parking is at Huntsville Hospital lots at Adams & Lowell Streets. Free shuttle service will begin at 5:30 PM.
- If you use a ride-share service (Uber/Lyft) or taxi, please have them pull into the Mountain Springs Pool parking lot. That is the designated drop off and pick up location.
Food & Drink
- No outside food or drink please.
- An on-site caterer will provide a menu of dinner options available for purchase.
- A variety of beer and wine options will be available to purchase at the bar.
Tips & Reminders
- Gates open at 5:30 PM. Concert begins at 7 PM.
- Closed toe shoes recommended due to gravel.
- No pets or small children.
- No bag chairs or tables. Reserved Seating is provided with your ticket.
- If the concert must be cancelled due to inclement weather, ticket purchases will be considered a tax deductible donation to the Land Trust of North Alabama.
- Please check back here and our on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for any announcements in the event of a weather cancellation.
Three Caves is located within the Land Trust’s Monte Sano Nature Preserve and has become one of the most unique event venues in North Alabama. For the past 12 years, the Concerts at Three Caves series has played host to such award winning entertainers as Delta Rae, Moon Taxi, Tom Braxton and Grammy Award winners, The SteelDrivers, Claire Lynch and the Legendary Muscle Shoals Review. The “not so secret” 700 seat outdoor venue is a former limestone quarry conveniently located just two miles from downtown Huntsville and gets its name from the three cave openings that accentuate and surround the venue.