July 24 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Families with young children (ages 18 months to 5 years) can become Forest Friends through this series of nature discovery events designed to encourage a sense of wonder about the natural world. Through the sharing of stories and songs and the creation of art, each playful exploration engages both adults and children as we make new discoveries about the plants and animals in this beautiful forest habitat. Because we believe that we protect the places that we love, we hope to inspire young children to feel a friendly respectful connection to nature – forming a foundation for curiosity and enjoyment to last a lifetime. Each program will take place at Bethel Spring Nature Preserve. Families are welcome to stay and enjoy Bethel Spring after the event with a picnic from home. These events are outdoors and designed to allow for social distancing between households. Masks required for ages 3 and up in any areas where maintaining a safe distance is not possible.
- When: One program hosted each month. Check our event calendar for upcoming dates and to sign up. Registration opens at the beginning of the month.
- Cost: FREE but donations/membership to support our mission are always appreciated.
- Reservations: Reservations are required. Space is limited. Please use the link provided on each event listing. Registration opens at the beginning of the month. Please register using parent/guardian’s information and select spots for the number of children only. Adults do not need to reserve a spot for themselves. Registered participants will receive an email with full details closer to the event. There are no waitlists for these events. If spaces become available, registration will reopen so please check back if you’re interested in attending.
- Ages: 18 months – 5 years. An accompanying adult is required for all programs.
- What to Bring: Closed toe shoes and masks are required for all programs. We also recommend long pants, bug spray, sunscreen, and water.
These events are outdoors and designed to allow for social distancing between households. Masks required for ages 3 and up in any areas where maintaining a safe distance is not possible.