- This event has passed.
March 24 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Families with young children (ages 18 months to 5 years) are invited to attend these nature discovery events designed to inspire a sense of wonder about the natural world. Through the sharing of stories, songs, and art, each playful exploration engages both adults and children as we make new discoveries about the plants and animals in this beautiful forest habitat. Because we believe that we protect the places that we love, we hope to inspire young children to feel a friendly, respectful connection to nature – forming a foundation for curiosity and enjoyment to last a lifetime. Families are welcome to stay after the event to enjoy a picnic from home.
- When: One program hosted each month. Check our event calendar for upcoming dates and to sign up. Registration opens at the beginning of the month.
- Cost: FREE but donations/membership to support our mission are always appreciated.
- Reservations: Reservations are required. Space is limited. Please use the link provided on each event listing. Registration opens at the beginning of the month. Please register using parent/guardian’s information and select spots for the number of children only. Adults do not need to reserve a spot for themselves. Registered participants will receive an email with full details closer to the event. There are no waitlists for these events. If spaces become available, registration will reopen so please check back if you’re interested in attending.
- Ages: 18 months – 5 years only. An accompanying adult is required for all programs.
- What to Bring: Closed toe shoes are required. We also recommend long pants, bug spray, sunscreen, and water.
- Rain Date for this event is Monday, February 27 at the same time.
Leader: Kelly Brooks
Location: Chapman Mountain Nature Preserve – 1263 U.S Hwy 72 East, Huntsville, AL 35811
In the event this hike has to be canceled due to weather or trail conditions, we will send a notification to the email address you used to register.