The Land Trust offers more than 70 miles of free public trails for you to relax, get some exercise, and connect with nature.
- Seven Public Preserves in Madison County open dawn to dusk daily for hiking, biking, and outdoor recreation. Select a nature preserve from the map below. Download trail maps and find additional information. Refer to our trail rules for permitted activities at each property.
- Trail Rules & Tips: Take a look at our trail rules and hiking tips to stay safe and provide a positive outdoor experience for everyone.
- Report a Problem: See a problem on the trails? Let us know so we can improve trail conditions! Submit your report here.
- Guided Hikes & Adventures: Want to explore nature with us? Check out our schedule of upcoming Hikes & Adventures – these free public education programs are available for adults and children.
- Matthews Nature Preserve in Limestone County is a conservation property and not currently open to the public. However, boy scouts and civic organizations may reserve this beautiful spot for overnight primitive camping. Call 256-534-5263 for details.
Want an easy way to access our trail maps while on out on the trail?
Land Trust members receive access to our FREE Trail Map App!