With more than 70 miles of free public trails, Land Trust of North Alabama offers plenty of spaces to relax, get some exercise, and connect with nature. Eight Public Preserves in Madison County are open from dawn to dusk daily for hiking, biking, and outdoor recreation. Select a nature preserve from the Locations list to download a trail map and find additional information about each property.
- Trail Rules & Tips: Review our trail rules and hiking tips before your visit.
- Report a Problem: See a problem? Let us know so we can fix it!
- Guided Hikes: Explore nature with us! Check our schedule of upcoming Hikes & Adventures.
- Reserve a Pavilion: Learn more about reserving our outdoor pavilions for small gatherings.
- Family-friendly Activities: Check out our list of fun outdoor ideas to keep everyone entertained!
- We do not offer public camping sites. However, scouts and civic organizations may reserve Matthews Nature Preserve in Limestone County (a conservation property, not open to the public) for overnight primitive camping. Call 256-534-5263 for details.
Want an easy way to access our trail maps and track your hike?
Land Trust members receive exclusive access to our FREE Trail Map App!