Guided Hikes & Adventures
We offer guided hike opportunities throughout the year to explore and learn about nature. These FREE events offer natural beauty and exercise for all ages and skill levels but donations to help preserve green space are accepted!
RESERVATION IS REQUIRED. Registration opens at the beginning of the month. Land Trust members get priority registration. Not a member? Join today! Space is limited to ensure quality and safety. There is no waitlist. We intentionally overbook to account for cancellations but if spots become available we’ll reopen the registration link.
You don’t need fancy equipment! However, we do recommend:
- long pants and comfortable shoes with good tread
- bottled water
- hiking sticks
- trail snacks
- a camera to capture the experience
- dogs welcome, but must be on leads.
In case of rain, hikes may be cancelled. All registered participants will be notified of cancellation via the email address provided. For additional information, please call 256-534-5263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is open Monday-Friday 8 AM – 4 PM.
August 2021 hike schedule coming soon!
Self Guided Trail Tours
Explore a self-guided trail tour from the list below.
- FREE Audio Self-Guided Trail Tour of Monte Sano Nature Preserve’s Old Railroad Bed Trail available in the TravelStorys app
- Waterline Trail (Monte Sano Nature Preserve)
- Trough Spring (Monte Sano Nature Preserve)
- Wildflower Trail (Monte Sano Nature Preserve)
- Exploring Green Mountain’s Upper Trails
- Alum Hollow Trail (Green Mountain Nature Preserve)