Guided Hikes & Adventures
We offer a Guided Hike & Outdoor Adventure Series each Spring and Fall. Other programs are offered throughout the year and will be listed here when available. These FREE events offer natural beauty and exercise for the entire family but donations to help preserve green space are accepted!
RESERVATION IS REQUIRED. Sign up at the link provided below each event listing. Space is limited to ensure quality and safety. There is no waitlist. We intentionally overbook to account for cancellations but if spots become available we’ll reopen the registration link on this page. Priority registration for Land Trust members for most events. Please register by 5 PM on Friday before weekend hikes.
You don’t need fancy equipment! However, we do recommend:
- long pants and comfortable shoes with good tread
- bottled water
- hiking sticks
- trail snacks
- a camera to capture the experience
- dogs welcome, but must be on leads.
- face covering required when 6ft distancing is not possible
In case of rain, hikes may be cancelled. Please verify cancellation here or on our Facebook Page. For additional information, please call 256-534-5263 or email email@example.com. Our office is closed on Saturday & Sunday.
Rainbow Mountain Mushroom Identification
Saturday, January 23 at 9 AM
(2 hours / Moderate to Difficult / 1.5 miles) Curious to know more about the fungi adorning the trails and trees at Rainbow Mountain? Join naturalist Matt Shaw of Ecologic Solutions to learn more about identifying common North Alabama mushroom species. Location: Rainbow Mountain Nature Preserve – 230 Stoneway Trail, Madison, AL 35758
Registration is closed. This event is at capacity.
Self Guided Trail Tours
Explore a self-guided trail tour from the list below.
- FREE Audio Self-Guided Trail Tour of Monte Sano Nature Preserve’s Old Railroad Bed Trail available in the TravelStorys app
- Waterline Trail (Monte Sano Nature Preserve)
- Trough Spring (Monte Sano Nature Preserve)
- Wildflower Trail (Monte Sano Nature Preserve)
- Exploring Green Mountain’s Upper Trails
- Alum Hollow Trail (Green Mountain Nature Preserve)