Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve Land Steward
Land Trust of North Alabama is currently seeking two part-time Land Stewards for Cane Creek Nature Preserve located in Tuscumbia, Alabama (Colbert County).
Status: Part Time – 20 Hours/Week – Temporary – Non-exempt
Reports To: Land Manager
Responsibilities: Support the Land Manager by working independently to identify and complete tasks that arise from regular inspections of the preserve’s trails and infrastructure and monitor preserve visitor check in and out.
- Monitor and maintain all trail infrastructure emptying trash cans, cleaning restrooms, and
monitoring trail signage.
- Check visitors in and out of the preserve weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays)
Collect drop box donations after each weekend.
- Promptly report any trail maintenance, infrastructure, or signage issues to the Land Manager.
- Report weekly to the Land Manager visitor logs and volunteer opportunity requests,
- Assist, as needed, other Land Trust staff or property management volunteers
- Support additional tasks as identified and assigned by the Land Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Highly motivated and responsible with regular and consistent attendance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to consistently lift heavy objects, hike long distances and work in a variety of terrains and
- Basic mechanical abilities and familiarity using and maintaining battery, gas and hand operated
tools and equipment
- A current Alabama State driver’s license and good driving record
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12.