Leave a Legacy of Land Preservation
Although often overlooked, a giving option that you may want to consider is a legacy gift. Most legacy gifts offer tax benefits, have little or no current financial impact on you, and may result in the largest and most lasting one-time gift you ever make to the Land Trust. You can create a legacy of land preservation through a bequest or will, a life income gift (such as a charitable gift annuity, or a charitable remainder trust), or a gift of special assets (such as real estate, stock, life insurance, retirement accounts).
Here are some options to consider…
- Transfer your mandatory IRA Distribution directly to the Land Trust of North Alabama.
- Designate the Land Trust as a beneficiary in your will to receive a portion of your assets upon your death. If you do not have an up-to-date plan in place, you can create your legal will using a free online tool like FreeWill.
- Add the Land Trust as a primary or contingent beneficiary to your life insurance policy.
- Name the Land Trust of North Alabama as a primary or contingent beneficiary of your trust.
- Preserve YOUR land and ensure it’s protected for future generations to enjoy.
If you are interested in learning more or would like to let us know that you’ve already designated Land Trust of North Alabama as a beneficiary, you can contact Hallie Porter, Development Director at 256-534-5263 or email@example.com or use the forms linked below.
Notify us about an existing Legacy Gift
*As with all financial decisions including charitable donations please talk to your attorney or financial advisor for the most accurate and up-to-date information.