The Land Trust offers more than 70 miles of free public trails for you to relax, get some exercise, and connect with nature.
- Seven Public Preserves in Madison County open dawn to dusk daily for hiking, biking, and outdoor recreation. Select a nature preserve from the map below for trail maps and additional information. Refer to our trail rules for permitted activities at each property.
- Land Trust of North Alabama also manages two North Alabama preserves for The Nature Conservancy in Alabama – Roy B. Whitaker Preserve & Keel Mountain Preserve
- Matthews Nature Preserve in Limestone County is a conservation property and not currently open to the public. However, boy scouts and civic organizations may reserve this beautiful spot for overnight primitive camping. Call 256-534-5263 for details.
- Trail Rules & Tips: Take a look at our trail rules and hiking tips to stay safe and provide a positive outdoor experience for everyone.
- Report a Problem: See a problem on the trails? Let us know so we can improve trail conditions! Submit your report here.
Want an easy way to access our trail maps while on out on the trail?
Land Trust members receive access to our FREE Trail Map App!